Veterinary Internal Medicine
Our East Kootenay veterinarians diagnose and provide treatment for a wide range of internal conditions in cats and dogs, from brain disorders to immune system issues.
Diagnosis & Treatment of Internal Conditions
Internal medicine is the diagnosis and treatment of conditions, diseases, and disorders which affect your companion's internal systems. Our vets have extensive expertise in both simple and complex cases, ranging from issues with your pet's nervous systems to tumors and brain disorders.
At Cranbrook Veterinary Hospital, we have a variety of diagnostic tools and treatment methods at our disposal to help us manage and provide treatment.
Internal Medicine Conditions
Our veterinary team diagnoses and treats health issues like the following:
- Endocrinology (glands and their functions)
- Neurology (disorders of the brain and nervous system)
- Cardiology (heart-related disorders)
- Reproductive Issues
- Pulmonary Disorders (diseases of the lungs)
- Gastroenterology (diseases of the digestive organs)
- Oncology (tumors and cancer)
- Urology (urinary functions and genitourinary tract)
- Immunology (disorders of the immune system)
If your companion requires a procedure or expertise we aren't able to offer them, we will refer them to a trusted and experienced specialist.
We are connected to a network of exceptional veterinary specialists throughout BC and Alberta.
Laboratory & Diagnostics
Our approach to internal medicine is supported by our advanced and evolving diagnostic laboratory which offers imaging, testing, and other diagnostic procedures for fast and efficient service.